frog21
Old Frogman

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobby c
I've had a problem for awhile (OK, since I was in my early 40's) seeing my bike's computer as my reading vision has declined. On top of that, I am nearsighted, meaning I wear glasses so see distance. So it was always difficult to read my computer while riding without taking my eyes off t he road for too long. About 6 months ago I got a Garmin 305 - a fabulous computer that I absolutely love. While it was bigger, I still had problems reading it.

A couple of weeks ago a friend pointed me to a solution that has worked great with riding eyewear - regardless if you wear corrective glasses, contacts or don't need either of them - stick on bifocals:

In my case, I put one on on the right side of my riding glasses (I kept the left lens free so I can easily ready my road mirror with my left eye w/out moving my head). I have riding goggles with a prescription insert - I put the stick-on on the insert, though it could have gone on the goggles directly. They are very easy to trim, attach, remove and re-attach as necessary.

In my case it made a world of difference - though it took a ride or two to get used to the lens on just one side. I love it - I can easily read my computer and it was an inexpensive solution. We attached the other one (it comes in sets of two) to my wife's goggles (she doesn't need any insert) - works great for her as well.

I got mine at: http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/sear...ifocal&p1=&p2=

My rating? 4.5 rhubarb pies (out of 5)
I have been using the stick on lenses for several years and they work great. I don'd need any help with distance vision but closer than arms reach is pretty much not readable. Is readable a word?

05 Specialized Sequoia Elite
07 Specialized Roubaix Comp