Old 05-27-07, 07:45 PM
seahorse345

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PT newbie

Hi to all,

Obviously, I am new to the forums offered. I have an almost life-long love affair with bikes, but as a non-competitor (I was a an open-water swimmer).

I grew up in coastal San Diego (Pacific Beach), where cycling was easy (pretty much level) and beautiful (can't beat the Pacific Ocean, IMHO). I lived in Mission Beach while I was going to San Diego State in the 70's, and bikes were a BIG part of my 'hood. We rode the seawall many times a day (you had to be there) and spent a big part of the rest of the time working on our cruisers and road bikes. In 1973, I moved to Santa Monica to go to UCLA Law School (alright, I AM an attorney, but I love bikes!). At that point, I had an Olmo Special, fully Campy-equipped, and that bike served me well (back and forth to school, Pacific Coast Highway rides on the weekends) all the way up until just a matter of weeks before I graduated. I rode down 18th Street (home) to buy a loaf of bread (no kidding), and when I came out, my bike was gone.

I am now the owner of a great tie to the former existence. I just bought a beautiful, Campy-equipped, classic road bike at an estate sale, that I just happened upon. I love this bike! It renews my soul when I get on it here in Port Townsend, where I now live. If this is karma, I am all for it.