View Single Post
Old 05-27-07, 09:51 PM
Tuffwolf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldmtngoat
I will be going to Yellowstone in early July for a week’s tour – my first ever! One of the folks I’m going with has asked about the current conditions of the roads. I’m from California, and we don’t see the kind of weather Yellowstone experiences, so what is considered good or rough around here may not be the same as other parts of the country.
Thus, I have two questions:

Does anyone have recent experience with the road conditions in Yellowstone?

How do the roads in Wyoming compare to California?

Thank you all for your attention to this topic.
the roads in wyoming are good roads as they don't get near the traffic as california. now the yellowstone roads however get plenty of traffic and the last time i was there (4 years ago) they were a little rough and you will need to watch out for the RV's which there are plenty of.. take a good jacket with you because even though it is in july it does get cool and even cold in the mountains.. I grew up in montana about 70 miles from yellowstone and i have seen snow in the mountains in july.. so make sure you have some warm clothes and check out their web site for any work they are doing on the roads... the park service web site is www.nps.gov there are severlal yellowstone websites out there but most i have looked at are just tourist attractions