Old 05-28-07, 04:35 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by edp773
The Kona Hoss Deluxe obtained its reputation by holding up to 450+ bike riders on BF. Granted the Hoss is not the only strong mountain bike out there. Maybe this thread will expalin it better:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ight=kona+hoss

Maybe this will not help the OP, but I wonder why freestyle or all-mountain-bikes are not really popular in the clydes forum? With the stonger frames designed for landing, one would think this style of bike would be a good choice.

Edit: I am guessing cost is the major factor.
Mainly because the suspension sucks all the power out of the pedal stroke, and they myth of the Clyde crushing a road frame is just that, a Myth! Build a good set of high spoke count wheels and ride a road bike. Full suspension freeride bikes are also ridiculously heavy compared to a nonsuspension bike and it just has more parts to break.

Usually, what I'd suggest for a 350 pound rider is a nice steel touring bike with 40 spoke rear and 36 spoke front wheels, hand built or hand retensioned.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant