Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by namatoki
Hello all,

I just learned to ride a bike last weekend (I'm 29 years old almost 30 ) and I'm looking to buy my first bike this Friday. I've been doing some research and narrowed down my choices to:

Bianchi - Boardwalk
Cannondale - Adventure 400
Gary Fisher - Nirvana
Marin - San Anselmo
Specialized - Crossroads Elite, Expedition Elite
Trek - 7300

As you can guess, I'm looking for a hybrid bike since I would like to ride on both road and dirt paths. But I have no idea what components to look for or even what some of then are. Any good sites for beginners to read up on terms and such? Also, what's the difference between 700cm and 26 inch tires? Which of the bikes I listed would you look at first?

Thanks!
With all do respect I have to ask.... How did you get clear to 30 years old without learning to ride a bike? Not trying to be disrespectful, it is just that bike riding is so normalized in children is this Country that it is rare to meet someone that never learned.

Interested in your response. Meanwhile, congrats on learning how to ride. I am not much of a hybrid fan. I would recommend going with a full fledged Mountain bike. I have test ridden hybrids and I own 2 Mountain bikes. I wouldn't want to ride those hybrids on anything but pavement and even then don't think i would like them much. I think they are made for people that want a VERY low paced, laid back ride.