shaq-d
been ridin?

Bikes: serotta cti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montydad
Yes, I have tried to stick with 5 miles or less in this 'first week' back on the bike. I also switched to a more flat route until my body re-adjusts to the routine.

I'm stretching a little more before and after as well, which I think helps.

Perhaps most importantly, I'm trying to drop a few pounds too. I'm a 'stocky' guy, not heavy-looking at all, but very broad-shouldered and packing 200 pounds at 5'10". If I can drop 20 or 30, it would be a lot less weight to cart around and it would probably be easier on the back.

The one thing I'm noticing now is that my hands tingle for a while after I get off of the bike. Last night, while I was sleeping, my hands 'fell asleep' 2 or 3 times. It's a very strange sensation.

Anyone else experience that?

Thanks.

C
hey C, as a fellow big guy at 6'2, 220, i relate with ur bakc pain and the hand tingling. i actually found that not using gloves helps; but try using gloves/not using gloves and see what works for you.

i think it's all conditioning and weight problems though. my hand tingling went away when i bought some 20 lb barbells and started using them/curls/etc. just whenever i was bored... it strengthens grip, wrists, forearm, etc. g'luck!

sd