Old 05-31-07, 08:44 AM
Joe Gardner
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Internet Brands acquires BikeForums.net

I think the title says it all! I guess I’ll use the rest of the post to tell you more about the sale, the future, and Internet Brands; the new owners.

First off, I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to the site. Without the help of current and past members, BikeForums would never have grown to the community it is today. Thank you!

In the last Seven and a half years, I have watched the site grow from 3 registered members in the first week to over 65,000 registered members today. We have gone from 2 - 3 posts a day to over 6,000 new posts daily. This site has far exceeded all expectations I had that first week! Of course, it's also has became a lot more work over the years, even with the help of a great moderator team.

This is where Internet Brands will step in. They will provide the infrastructure needed to host the site. They will also take over advertising, marketing and bookkeeping. I’m also looking forward to having access to unlimited time with their programmers and server techs.

At the end of this month, I will be stepping down as primary admin of BikeForums.net. Brian will be taking over the top spot. I’ll continue to stick around and help grow and manage the community over the next few years, but most of my time and energy will be spent on new ventures both on, and off line.

If you’re not familiar with Internet Brands, check out their website and about pages: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/. These guys are very community oriented and they obviously see the value in the BikeForums community that has been created. Having a successful company behind the forums can only be a good thing. I'm really excited about the future of BikeForums.net, I think the best days are yet to come.

Sincerely,
Joe Gardner