View Single Post
Old 06-01-07, 07:06 AM
Fenlason

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
zero gravity brakes upgrade

Hello everyone: Earlier this winter I had asked if anyone had any experience with Zero Gravity brakes. I was thinking of trying them. Well I did get a pair for the new tandem, and have used them about a month now. I really really like them. They are of course semi insanely expensive. The pair of calipers, weigh what one Dura Ace caliper weighs. So for weight weinies that is a fair amount of weight in one simple switch.

I would not have "taken" the weight loss, if my braking performance had suffered. These brakes are incredible. I really really like the feel of them. I know I was warned that these single pivot brakes would not perform anything like my original DA brakes. While these brakes do have one "regular" pivot, they do also have a cam "device".

My only real downside with them is that I have a hard time fitting my 25c tires through them. They are fine while on, but taking the wheel on and off is tight. The guys at the shop say I have them adjusted a little tight. Now knowing that I have plenty of brake, I will try backing them off a little.

glenn