Old 06-01-07, 08:06 AM
C Law
Too Much Crazy

Bikes: Eriksen 29er, Gunnar Roadie, Niner RLT, Niner RIP 9

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I've got juicy 7's on two bikes now(160's). I have never had any problems with adjustment, squeeling or otherwise.

I got them originally because I heard they were the easiest brake to set up, and that they could be run Moto style (flipped) without any adjustments, bleeding, hose lenghtening/shortening (mmmm....shortening).

I love them. I have bb7s on another bike (I love them also) and can say that the big difference for me is the feel of the levers , the modulation, and the power and you can produce with the juicy 7's with a light grab of one finger.

Although, I must be honest, the main reason I went with the juicy's on my 2nd bike( the bb7's were more than adequate) is so that I didn't have to worry about riding alot in the rain/muck/sand with them and having to maintain the cables and housing like I had with the bb7's . You have to be diligent with maintainence in order to maintain a really great feeling mechanical disc brake (as it compares to a hydro). I used to love to spend time working on bikes, but I am becoming lazy and old and possibly senile.

I am not experienced with the juicy 5 so maybe someone else can esplain the difference between them and the 7's

Last edited by C Law; 06-01-07 at 08:44 AM.