Old 06-01-07, 08:36 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
It was actually kind of sad because it damaged many trees. The snow was so wet and heavy, that bushes were squashed, and branches were broken off trees. The aftermath looked like a hurricane went through.

It melted quickly enough for me to do a 600K a couple days later on dry roads, but all along my ride there was broken and damaged plant life. It'll grow back, I'm sure ... but the whole thing was a bit of a shock.

Now tomorrow, the temperature is supposed to reach 29C!!!! I know how to dress for 29F, but 29C is HOT!!! I don't know what to wear!! I'm guessing that my usual 2-3 layers on the bottom, and 5-6 layers on top is going to be a bit overkill.
At least you got to ride. I did read about it.
I get confused about what to wear when the temperature first changes a lot going in either direction. It was 91 F here today. I didn't check the weather this morning and was way over dressed.

When is bike forums going to get an automatic temperature converter program? When I type in degrees F. it comes out degrees C for you and the other way around.

How is your shoulder now?