Ginny
Down 10# and 11 inches

Bikes: Jamis, Specialized, CoMotion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'M SO EXCITED! Long and probably rambling

ATTENTION: READERS SHOULD SIT BACK FROM THE MONITOR OR RISK GETTING ENTHUSIASM ON YOU!
I've got to calm down.

I've known for quite a while that Tom and I read each other's minds. Today confirmed it once and for all.

We dressed (not alike) and got on the bike. Newly white lightning'd chain. Hoping that helped the popping. I told Tom to go where he wanted, I would follow. We did a loop that is new for us this season, uphill for half and some nice downs as a reward. The first up hill of any REAL consequence was where we found out the front drlr wouldn't put us in the smallest chainring.
We had to power up that puppy and it about killed me. At the top we had to stop for a good 8 minutes so my heart rate would come out of the rafters. I wasn't wearing my HRM and that prolly helped. I think if I saw how high it was I would have passed out. I was close as it was; light headed, cold, seeing spots. It was pretty scary for me really. It was then that I realized that I'd EATEN but not really hydrated this morning. (Note to self, OJ in the morning from now on). I also experienced my first charlie horse in my hands, thumb pads can cramp up? who knew???

That was the biggest and longest hill and when it was over I knew that it could get hard, but not as hard as that one, baby!! Tom, hearing me pant up that hill kept telling me to clip out and he'd get us up the hill. NO WAY! Maybe next time though (hopefully the granny gear fixed will make it something to never worry 'bout again).

After that hill and the rest and some water, I felt better and we went on our way. Things I learned: the backs of Tom's shoes are the perfect place to look when we go 'wheeeeeeeeeeeee' down the hills, my husband's butt is really cute, when Tom powers up hills he throws the bike slightly and if I just relax and let him all is fine, water is the best tasting substance on the planet, 0-30 on a tandem is just under 10 seconds for us, and the most important-I trust my husband wholy.

By the end of 5 miles we had the stopping/starting thing down pat. He leans the bike slightly to get on and I now can counterbalance slightly so he can. We communicate really well. I can turn all the way around and see what's behind us and it helps a lot. We had to turn left and cross three lanes of traffic to get to the left turn lane, we did it without problem in pretty decent traffic. Did that twice actually! Maybe it's the funny looking bike, people slow down to get a good luck at it.

Tom will get me thicker grippy handlebar tape today, my hands charliehorsed. The saddle doesn't suck which is great. I'll be able to get used to it and not have to buy a new one.

Several remarks from kids today, all 'ohhh, cool bike!' All the kids on our block (10 kids in 4 houses) came out to send us off this morning. I'm thinking Tom is going to have to give out short rides today.

All in all the best $2K I've ever spent. I love this bike. I love my husband and I love my LIFE!
God, after-biking endorphines are GREAT!!!!!

Ya'll have a nice day now, ya hear?