View Single Post
Old 06-03-07, 07:31 PM
Blue Order

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Laika
I really, really don't think this is the case. Think about it. most wrong-way riders willsay that they want to see what's coming. I thnk you're bringing some personal feelings to this and not really thinking it through.
I think it would depend on the wrong way rider.

A lot of wrong way riders are from other countries, and they believe that by riding against traffic, they're being safe (i.e., they can see what's coming.). I think a lot of wrong way riders are cyclists by necessity (i.e., they have a susepended license, or they can't afford gas, or whatever), and they believe that you're supposed to ride against traffic, because that's what they heard when they were kids.

And some wrong way riders (messengers, for instance) deliberately ride against traffic because it will get them there faster, and because they're sticking it to the man (nevermind for now that by delivering documents quickly they're actually greasing the skids for the man).

I assumed when you said you were referring to delivery persons, that they fell into this category of somebody getting things there the fastest way possible.