The Weak Link
Banned.

Bikes: GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Arms race: first to age, then metric, then imperial

Yep, I've noticed the competitive juices are flowing through the mildly atherosclerotic circulation of the Middle Aged Posers who camp out here: Me, DG, definitely SKT, and probably a few more. Oh let's include freeranger because he's capable of riding harder than he has lately. Maybe Tom Bom.

We're all building up our mileage, slowly at first, then with a Brutal Thrust of Distance when DG fired off an unprovocked 50 miler that has upset the balance of power around here.

So, we have several 50+ers who have done 20-30 milers, now venturing into the rarified air of the 40-50 milers, which are of course nothing more than opporational pauses for the final assults on the age ride, then the metric century, and then finally the imperial century.

OK, bring it on. But keep it clean. Riding around your neighborhood round and around in circles in which you gain all of 50 feet total ain't gonna cut it. Having someone drive you to the top of Mt Mitchell and letting you drift down ain't gonna work, either.

So the challenge stands: which MAP will meet these lofty goals first?

All such rides must be documented by a gps system, preferably Garmin uploded to MotionBased. My moniker is juspasenthru so you can verify what I've been up to by visiting MotionBased.

I got my 42 miler scheduled next week, and I'll record it. It'll only be a short matter of time before I do my 54 (age), 62, and then the full monty. Before DG. Before SKT. Before freeranger.

Any other challengers? If you've ever made these goals once, you are not a candidate. Virgin riders only.