Old 06-04-07, 09:48 PM
Mindless Drone
Noob!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Noob needs crank replacement advice

I just became the owner of a used Cannondale R400 road bike. Tonight I noticed that one of my pedals was not sitting in the crank like it should and realized that the whole is stripped out to the point where there is almost no thread left. After much work I managed to get the pedal out but to me the right crank arm now looks unusable, which means that I need to replace it. I am not really at a point where I want to do a major overhaul on everything to jump up to a 10-speed. The current crank is a Shimano Sora triple, 30/42/52. Now I need to replace this pretty quick, and my question is, given that I have an 8 speed cassette, and an 8 speed chain is my only option trying to find another 8 speed tripple crank? I have been looking and all I can find is either a 9 speed or a 10 speed crank in the 30/42/52 configuration. Will any of these work? I do plan on a major upgrade in the future, but I want a quick fix now to get my pike back on the road.

I would appreciate any feedback on what my options are. If I need to expain anything better just let me know, thanks!