Old 04-27-04, 12:19 PM
supcom
You need a new bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by commuteORdie
Enough with all the landrider bashing! Some of you guys are probably in-the-closet landrider owners anyways. Just admit it; the landrider is ahead of it’s time and most of you just aren't ready for it yet; hate often is the product of jealousy.
The jig's up guys. We've been outed! Let's all fess up.

I admit I ride my Landrider all the way around my block. Well, maybe not quite all the way because that little hill is really too much effort so I get my wife to bring the SUV and together we load up the Landrider and she hauls me and the bike up about four houses to the top of the hill. Going back downhill sure is fun though. Sometimes the Landrider gets up to almost 10 miles and hour as I bomb down the hill in my aero tuck.

I once tried to walk up the hill pushing my Landrider, but it was just too hard. The Landrider is just too heavy on account of that it's so well constructed and I had to take a break halfway up.

The best thing about my Landrider is that I don't have to look down to see it shifting gears because I can hear it quite clearly. That's good since I can't lean over far enough to see around my butt without almost falling over anyway. The worst thing about my Landrider is that those guys at my LBS, Stuck Up Bikes, can't work on it. They claim that the bike has a bad design, but I know better. It's because they just don't know how to deal with modern technology.

I'm thinking about getting an electric motor assist for my Landrider. Any of the other Landriders out there install one? It sure would be nice to be able to ride all the way around the block by myself!