balt_philly1

Bikes: Mountain, Fixed, Road & BMX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Marin County, San Anselmo area

Dear Mtnroads,

I read your reply to a cyclist in Spain looking for places in CA to ride trails.... as I am looking to go to Marin County for some mountain bike riding... I looked up some information via marintrails.com and they give descriptions of 4 trails (Bay View Shoreline Trails at China Camp; Ridge Trail to Mt. Barnabe; Pine Mtn. Loop; and Eldredge Grade To East Peak Loop). The descriptions seemed interesting/challenging regarding technically/physically.... I picked this area, as it's a short distance from the San Francisco airport.... and I'll be car-less.... plan to take public trans to the area or possibly bike if I can leave a bike box at the airport... lots of details here to wire-out...

Question(s): What town/area is centally located, so as to bike not great distances to these trails? Looking on maps, it seems San Anselmo is a central spot... I know nothing of the town of San Anselmo... is it a walk friendly "main-street" kind of town? If I'm looking for such a "town" which is centrally located to the trails, would you recommended any place else - San Rafael? Are there are any other areas within Marin County that you recommend - please advise... Balt/Philly aka Dennis