View Single Post
Old 06-07-07, 12:09 PM
archermd

Bikes: Still shopping...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I chose Specialized TriCross because: The best of the LBS in my area is a big Specialized shop, and their main rider who fit me has an S-Works Tricross, and he is a madman, rides far and long and many many miles. Many other guys their ride Specialzed too. Thye owner of that LBS rides a TriCross Expert Double. I wanted a triple, and few cross bikes come that way. And I considered a steel (Surly, Kona, or others) but harder to find. And Cannondale seems nice but expensive for the components you get and not a triple. So when looking at now 4 LBS and many brands, I went with the one that gave me the triple, a company that most people (not all, I know) respect, has nice products, and is coming from an LBS that I like and feel comfortable with. I think I now know which guys at this LBS ride the most and which ones the other shoppers seem to go to for help (I have watched to see which riders come in looking like they are fit and know what they are doing and have nice looking bikes, and who they talk to at the LBS). I Alos thought about Fiji and Jamis. In the end, I went with a bike that was one of the first ones I looked at. Also, if I really get into this and like it and drop some pounds, I might get a true road bike later, and I like some of what Specialized has to offer (and they will cost less than a Seven, Serrota, Cervello, unless I get an S-Works model. I had started this process think I had to have a Trek, but in the end, I found myself ordering something else. I thinkI will like it. I sure hope so for the money. I will now join the Sepcialzed Riders CLub, at 230 lb I hope the 2xl jersey fits! Will look nice when I am on my black bike with a red and white jersey.