DavePiggott13

Bikes: Carrera Kraken

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Introducing myself

Hi all

My name is Dave, I am 30 years old and have just returned to cycling for the first time in 20 years since i was at school. I am married to Alison, and have two fantastic boys Taylor (5) and Charlie (2). I am a train driver. We live in Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent, UK.

I started cycling almost two weeks ago, and weighed in at 23st5lb. As a train driver i live a VERY sedentary life, and because of shift work always feel too tired to do any exercise outside of work.

I decided to get off my train home one stop earlier and cycle home from there - it is 3 miles. I did that for a couple of weeks, and when i felt fitter I got off two stations earlier - that is a journey of 5.5 miles. I have done that 3 times so far and still find it very hard work. As my fitness improves and weight reduces i will get off at earlier stations until eventually i can do the entire journey each night which is about 11 miles.

I'll pop in from time to time to let you know how it is going, and what my weight is (my second weigh in will be this Monday). Wish me luck!