View Single Post
Old 02-08-02, 02:49 AM
hunterseeker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by LightBoy

In anycase, I will now share with you my favorite cycling movie. It's actually not so much a cycling movie as it is a bike movie. By bike movie, I don't mean that it's about biking, but rather about a bike. More specifically, it's about a guy who takes off accross the country in search of his bike, and the wacky 'adventures' he has on the way. I suppose it's not really about a bike then, so much as it is about a guy that has a bike. Or rather a guy that used to have a bike...

My favorite bike/looking for a bike/guy that has a bike/guy that had a bike/guy/bike movie is 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure.' I can't really explain it. All I can say is that Tim Burton plus Pee Wee Herman equals nightmares for the average six year old. But not in a horror movie kind of way; more of a 'what if Kubric make a kid's movie' sort of way.

If nothing else, that was one awsome bike.
ooooh! thanks for reminding me!

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is definitely my favourite movie with a bike in it. It's sort of a roundabout love story, boy has bike, boy loses bike, boy goes to great lengths to find bike...

waitaminnit. that sounds a bit like the plot of Beijing Bicycle. Which also sounds pretty good to me, by the way.