View Single Post
Old 06-11-07, 11:00 AM
gosmsgo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No we dont have a tandem. The only reason I can think of having a tandem is so we can go longer distances then we could ride on two singles.

My dream was to ride to my folks house which is about 50 miles south of Clinton Mo so that would be 150 total. I could ride it by myself but there is no way she could.

We are car free (by choice) and I just thought it would be really awesome if we could ride that together.

Maybe after she gets more time to train and can get up to a century by herself then we will test ride some tandems and start to think a little more seriously about it.

There are some other times when I would really like to have a tandem. For example, earlier this year they had a dinner for the vet school in another town that is 20 miles away right on the trail. I had forgetten how little she had ridden that winter and we had a *time* getting there and back. On a tandem I could pull a little bit more of the weight and I think it would make those situations much easier.

Sometimes I forget how little she rides until I look at her odometer and look back at our maitance records. She just does not get 1/6th of the miles that I do. Mostly from a lack of time and partly due to a lack to ever seriously try to become very fit.

She is fairly fit though and can ride 50 without any trouble.

Thank you guys for all of your thoughts. You may of saved me $2000.00 and possibly a lot of a grumpy wife.