Old 06-11-07, 02:22 PM
Helmet Head
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
Yeah... especially that rule on speeding, eh? I see so many drivers "adhering" to that rule...

Com'on, you're just trying to get off the hook of this hypocrisy... not willing to accept what you dish out.

If it is OK to slow motorists on the streets, it is OK to slow cyclists on the MUP.
Sigh.

I'm assuming that by "OK" in this context you mean: "reasonable to expect the relevant party to accept without complaint". If not, please correct me, but that's the meaning I'm assuming here.

It is OK for vehicular cyclists to slow motorists on the streets per the ROTR when there is no safe and reasonable alternative because of the rules of the road that generally accomodate for all types of vehicular traffic at disparate speeds, and the resultant delay is rarely of any actual significant duration.

It is not OK for peds to slow cyclists on MUPs per the MUP rules because the MUP rules, such as they are, are pretty useless for efficient transportational use of the MUP by cyclists when there is any significant ped usage.

Again, if we built the MUPs with center dividing stripes, sufficient width, applied, enforced and achieved general acceptance of the ROTR on the MUP, then maybe there would be a fair comparison. But since that is not the case, simply saying, "If it is OK to slow motorists on the streets, it is OK to slow cyclists on the MUP" is an oversimplification that makes no sense.