slyjackson
Drop Master

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix / Scott CR-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all, I'm a newbie

Hello all, I'm a newbie to the forum and to biking. I purchased a Fuji absolute 3.0 recently and I am really starting to get the "Biking Bug". I can't wait to get home from work to ride. I'm 53 years old and not in too bad of shape, just about 2 inches of "Belly Jelly" and about the same amount of "luv handles". I'm 6'.2" 247 lbs, but I have thick bones and most of my weight is because of my thick bones. Anyway I'm riding between 5-6 miles a day after work. My ride is all asphalt. I have two choices.

1, 5.5 miles of a combination of flats and inclines/hills if I turn to right on this road (this hurts)
2. 6 miles of flat and no hills if turn to left on this road. (mellow ride unless wind is present)

I have been mixing this up, one day flats and no hills, the next day the combo thing with flats and hills mixed. Yes I'm sore, mostly in my butt area, but for the most part no real problems. I'm not sure about speed and all, but I think I'm doing a pretty good pace (i'm going to buy one of those "Speedo Gizmos" tomorrow). Do you feel my rides of 5-6 miles a day are ok or should I push to do more miles daily? I'm a newbie and I do not want to hurt myself,but I want to develope to point where I can ride with a club. Thanks in advance.