View Single Post
Old 06-12-07, 09:53 AM
jibi
Left OZ now in Malaysia

Location: Lancashire England, but at the moment on an extended tour of South East Asia

Bikes: Thorn Ravan Catlayst, Bill Nickson tourer, Bill Nickson Time Trial, Claud Butler Cape Wrath, Motobecame Tandem etc etc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by George
It seems to me that all my rides are training ride. I try something different all the time. Like stapfam said, it's pretty hard to ride with someone when we all have different goals. I want to be a distance rider, where someone else would want to go as fast as they can, others want to smell the roses. I like to do it just the way I am now, and if I could find someone, who likes to do like I do, that would be heaven sent, just saying.

I train alone too but...

I use the Sunday rides to see how I'm doing in my training. different bikes different groups

with the fast ( Cat 1 and 2) boys I can stay with them for 5 or 6 mile or to the first hill, they are not even breaking sweat

with the medium group I use it to learn about new routes, new hills etc and have a laugh.

with the slow group I am a helper, getting people new to cycling to learn how to enjoy it. But I ride up to the front, go back and cajole, fix gear problems and punctures etc

every ride is used for a specific reason, to help me become a better cyclist. Just saying

george 2