Old 06-13-07, 10:31 AM
VT Biker

Bikes: Cannondale R700 (2005)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
a - I say use your michelins, they're a race tire and this is a race, not because of weight or flatting, but because they handle better than a harder more "winter training or training" tire. If you flat, you flat, that's racing. Since this is a 64 mi. loop as opposed to a circuit, throw a tube/CO2 in your jersey pocket if you have a chance of getting stranded (i.e. support is lacking or doesnt sweep the course).
b - no.
c - no.

also, if you dont have representation in the feed zone, pack 4 bottles, 2 on the bike and one in ea. of your side jersey pockets. I'd be more concerned over hydration/nutrition in a longer race in hot conditions such as this than I would about getting a flat tire.

Race well, that looks like a great event.
I concur about hydration, especially given the sun and temperatures this Saturday out in the plains. The flyer states that there is a support vehicle for each group. I am going to call and ask about this. There is a feed zone at Mile 32 as well, but I am not sure exactly what this means. Can I leave water bottles for pick up at the feed zone, take the 10 seconds, drop the empties, and grab the fresh water bottles?

As for the tires, since this may be my only race this season (time is an issue after June), I really want finish it, get the experience, and train to race competitively next season (I need more base riding). After having such a quick flatting experience on the Michelin's already, I am hesitent to use them for such a long race that notes in the flyer there is some rough road.