Old 06-14-07, 04:52 PM
BSLeVan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update on Jamis Build Project with Photos

Today upon arrival at home after work the Jamis Eclipse frame was waiting for me. The first photo is the frame as it was out of the box. In photo 2 I had installed the headset, fork, seat post and seat. The fork is from a Specialized Roubaix, and I think it works well in term of the overall looks. One unexpected problem with the seat post is that it is too long. It will only go down so far because it runs into the carbon tube which is bonded inside the steel lugwork. I'll have to pull it out and cut about 2.5 inches off. The third photo is with the wheels and rear derailleur, brakes, and handlebars. I'm waiting on delivery of the bottom bracket and crankset. Should be here in a day or two. The front derailleur I have is a 31.8 in diameter and is too big for the seat tube. So, I'll have to find another one, unless there is a solution about which I'm not aware. And I need a chain and a few other minor things, but a trip to the LBS and I should be ready to get back to assembly. It's together enough that I'm begining to get really excited about the prospect of getting to ride it before the coming weekend is over. Maybe I'll get a "Father's Day Ride" with it? Man, I wish I had the rest of the parts I need.... AND I need to think about the blue... not sure I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Jamis Frame 1.jpg (90.2 KB, 25 views)
Jamis Frame 2.jpg (94.5 KB, 23 views)
Jamis Frame 3.jpg (96.5 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by BSLeVan; 06-14-07 at 05:01 PM.