Old 06-16-07, 03:49 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pj7
I want the baggy ones so that I can have pockets and stuff. Going to be using them for my new commuting shorts and need something that fits in at the library, grocery store, etc.
Well, do what I do, when I want to be incognito, but still comfortable on the bike, get yourself a nice pair of everyday shorts, you want ones that go to the knee, or even slightly below, easy when your like many of us, and short for your weight. Buy them in black, chain grease stains look much nicer on black pants, then on some other colours, some saddles are dyed, and the dye can come off, turning your shorts black in a most embarrassing place.

Now, here is the interesting part, you wear Lycra bike shorts as underwear, you get all of the advantages of bike shorts, the comfort of chamois, less chaffing, good moisture release. You also get the advantage of regular shorts, like pockets, and you don't give grandmothers vapour lock...... If you line up the waists, you can prevent roll down as well, obviously this doesn't work with bibs, but does work with long pants.

Now, even though I have pockets when using this setup, I rarely use them, preferring to put wallet and keys in the saddle bag instead. If you sweat at all, your wallet will trap that sweat, and then you end up, with a clammy pocket.