XLII
Dieu et les dames

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.1, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedal Question - Update

I asked the questions a few days ago about clipless MTB pedals on a road bike. Whether I would see a difference if I used one over the other. I currently ride Shimano clipless MTB pedals on my TREK 1500. All of your feed back was very helpful - thanks!

I wanted to provide an update on this subject. I recently purchased some Speedplay X/2 stainless pedals ($99.00 bicyclewarehouse.com) and some Shimano R-075 road shoes ($65.00 Performance Bikes). I installed the pedals this past weekend and rode Sat. & Sun. I saw an increase in my average speed and had less numbness in my toes and feet. My average speed usually floats between 15.8 - 16.4 mph (I live around a lot of hills & very windy at times). Saturday I had an average of 17.4 and Sunday it was 17.2. So far I'm seeing positive results.

I will say that I sometimes suffer from something I little to call "New gear performance". Basically, when I add "something" new to my bike, regardless of what it is, I seem to ride better. I don't know if others out there experience this. I mean I could wear a new jersey and see higher averages. So take this for what it worth. Thought I would share my experience.

I hope all the Father's had a good day yesterday.