View Single Post
Old 06-18-07, 07:44 PM
bebop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oneraindog
im in the sodo/georgetown area. anyone familiar with the georgetown area? its by boeing field. the new hip hot spot to hang out. ha.
im riding all over the damn place. from one end of the sound to the other. in the past year ive fallen in love with the long distance ride. at the beginning of this year i joined the seattle international randonneurs but i feel behind in the schedule for a few weeks so i missed the beginning of the brevet season but i just conquered my first permanent and longest mileage to date. 129 miles in 12 hours. kind of slow i know but like i said, i was a little behind heh. my current, primary long term goal is to ride the PBP in 2011. hot dam.
I used to cut through there, everyday on the way home, because the traffic would stop on 5, heading north, RIGHT at the Corson exit!
I'd wind down through Georgetown, past Michigan, onto that little road that went over the railroad tracks and under the West Seattle (high) Bridge, and end up on whatever that road's called that becomes Alaska Way when you get out near downtown (where they used to hide the hydroplanes).
Is "Ben's" still out there?
It was on the right if you were heading towards, say, 4th.S.
In fact, it was just before and on the same side of the road as the Jack-in-the-Box...so right past the grey concrete Washington State Lottery / Japanese Food store ("Maurita", I think its called) building.
It had a big high white fence facing the street.
That was one of the best junk yards EVER!

Have you done the "Chilly Hilly" yet?

Bebop