Ginny
Down 10# and 11 inches

Bikes: Jamis, Specialized, CoMotion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Great Ride

When ya'll go out for a ride, how many miles do you average?

Anyway, we had another great 20 mi ride yesterday. Went to the default trail, the trail we take when we can't or don't want to think of a new route. It's the trail that gave me nightmares when I was thinking of getting a tandem. Lots of 90 degree turns onto narrow bridges, lots of kids with training wheels sitting on the trail, etc.

Tom had taken this trail twice with our son Tom (team name=Tom2) who has no fear, so Dad Tom could 'open 'er up' so to speak. When we took the trail together, Tom had been through all the nervous parts and we had no problem at all negotiating them. I just had to relax. At the turn around point we had a good rythm going and we were taking curves with ease, something I don't do well on the single. Something to do with leaning into a wet turn and skidding on my side, maybe, who knows.

One strange thing about this ride, the bike felt more flexible. It felt like it was a dog and I was the tail. And the bike was wagging me. Part of it is the way Tom rides, his hips sway side to side and that makes the bike do the same, but this ride was 'waggier' for lack of a better word. By the last 5 miles it was gone or had decreased dramatically so I don't know if it was me, the bike, or Toms butt swaying.

None the less, a great ride. Tom's friend invited us to go on a ride from Boulder to Lyons and back this coming Sunday. Since we'd already made plans to go to the Ren Faire, I said we couldn't go. The kids are all psyched up for the faire and would be pretty disappointed if we didn't go.

Hope you all enjoyed your rides this past week!