View Single Post
Old 06-19-07, 05:14 PM
InTheRain

Bikes: 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30 (bionx), 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
I didn't know that "clydesdales" presumed a male audience. I just know that a clydesdale is a big horse. I'd never given a thought to whether or not these are male or female horses. You mean... most of you people posting are men??? Anyway, I can't say that it makes much of a difference to me. Good cycling advice, experiences, motivation, etc. is valuable whether it comes from a man or a woman, 200 + lbs or a 95 lbs twig. I ride with a group that seems to split up 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through a 25-30 mile ride. Each of the groups seem to include clydes/athenas, men/women, 200 + lbs/90 lbs riders. Not to mention all different races and nationalities. I think that there are plenty of forums already to cover the different aspects of cycling. If you have something to say, just post it in one of the forums that you feel most appropriate.

I mean... I see posts by men (I assume) sharing advice on how to take care of "the boys" on long rides etc. People seem to "chime in" and provide assistance if they can. If you're a woman and need to post a subject concerning cycling and your period... go ahead, it won't bother me... but then again, I won't be able to help you out... but someone will.

I just would hate to see the forums become so fragmented that we have to have a forum for "225-250 lb women riding fuji touring bikes on the west coast that are having hair loss problems." Post whatever you want, you're invited and you're welcome.