stonecrd
OnTheRoad or AtTheBeach

Bikes: Ridley Noah RS, Scott CR1 Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jit5
...and last month he was extolling the virtures of the previous generation Madone.

He's a salesman he will move whatever product he can. The worst are the TREK branded stores where you stand in a sea of TREK with a few Lemonds thrown in for variety.

Find me a store that sells Trek next to LOOK, Time and Cervelo and I'll show you a store that doesn't sell to many Treks.
All LBSs will push the bikes they have and tell you horror stories about the ones they don't sell. When I was at the store that was selling the new madone (they also carry Cervelo, Specialized and Look) the salesman was saying how much better he felt the Trek warranty was over other bikes and the Race Lite wheels held up better than the Mavics etc. When I was at another LBS the salesman told me use to sell Trek's but had so much trouble with bad madone's and poor corporate response they don't sell them anymore. I think you have to use common sense and recognize that they want to sell you the bikes they have and will beat up on the competition.

I am not sure why so many people have so much disdain for the Trek's. The OCLV is made in the US, the pricing is reasonable and they seem to make a good bike. The older lines may have been considered less stylish but the new line is right up their with the other top brands. Now Schwinn who would ever buy one of those

2013 Noah RS