chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seeker333
I'm sorry for your experience, but I don't think you're going to get much sympathy in this forum.

For every one of these "nuisances" you've dealt with, most of of us bicyclists have had them ten-fold (or more) from motorists. And when we're getting it from motorists, its not an unpleasant annoyance, but more like a terrifying, life-threatening situation.

For cyclists who ride on public roads with any traffic at all, its a daily ordeal. I consider it a major victory if I can make it though my ride and keep grinning at the onslaught of pointless, inane motorist shenanigans I'm forced to deal with.

Your comment about the sand wedge is typical of many motorists too - threats of physical violence to bicyclists are common, and usually acted out with a 5000 lb chevy or buick - so I'll take your sand wedge please - I might survive that.

Really, go get on a bike and pedal down the road aways, basically follow the rules and mind your own business - see how many people in cars %$ck with you just because they can - then come back here and share your opinions with us.

I'm a cyclist, but if I am riding or driving and you blow a stop, making me come close to hitting you - you're gonna get my boot up your butt. Aint no excuse for bad manners or unsafe operation, no matter how picked on you feel.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey