View Single Post
Old 06-22-07, 06:14 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F = MA
I'm also light (130lbs). How much would the profile of the soloist effect your riding during crosswinds?
My team is sponsored by a shop that deals cervelo, a bunch of us are on R3s and a 2 are on Soloist carbons ... both are great frames for any race application. I love the R3 for crits/road races/training/long rides, anything. It's so responsive and quick, perfect for me. I'm not an advocate of test riding a bike to make a decision on purchase as I think you can get alot of bad or conflicting feedback by doing so, but I found the R3 to feel a little more comfortable on the posterior, and honestly just liked the looks of it better, which is why I chose it over the soloist carbon. IMO, you cant go wrong with either.

According to the folks I know on soloists carbons, the profile of the frame effecting your riding during crosswinds is minimal.

Someone posted about an R3 cracking in a non-crash situation - I've got experience with that except mine was with an R2.5 (which was a real lemon of a frame). Cervelo customer service, although a little sluggish on the responsiveness, replaced my R2.5 with an R3 at no additional cost, or would have replaced with a soloist carbon for the difference between an R3 cost and soloist carbon cost. So, they stand behind their product and lifetime warranty.

Dont sleep on the Soloist Team either, it's a great machine and if I wouldnt have had carbon on the brain when I was getting the R3, that's what I'd be on right now.