View Single Post
Old 05-12-04, 02:01 AM
europeugeot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randya
It looks like a basic U-08 to me. Mostly original except for the rear der. and maybe the seat, I'd say. Is that an original factory pump w/ the short flex hose stored in the handle? I had an almost identical '69 model. I think the chainguard was probably added between '69 and '71. Do you know how much he paid for the bike in '71? Are there any other labels describing the frame tubing?

Well that is neat to know it might be a U-08 model. We thought it was most likely that model but not to sure. He paid, " I paid $125+/- for the bike w/orig rear rack." He also got a deal when he purchased the Union 8-pole generator light setup. Which we still have! Just have not installed it yet due to polishing and re-chroming.

Is that an original factory pump w/ the short flex hose stored in the handle?
Yes that is, we cleaned it up some and got a new hose made from similar looking material.

----->> HE rides this thing all the time, pretty amazing when I never seen him ever grease it! <-----

I really want to bring his bike back to original condition.
Just have yet to find someone who sells these decals as a set!!

There are plenty of labels on the frame tubing and the seat is new as of 1999. He had to have some comfort...
Below are some photos of the rest of his bike... Let me know your feelings, thank you so much!!

PS: Do you know of anyone who sells the original style bike rack these came with??
What is the street value of this style bike (just for kicks) if in a clean state??

Take Care,

- JIM