View Single Post
Old 02-11-02, 04:19 PM
Road Warrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Introduction....

Hello everyone! Great Site! I'm Jeannie from NYC -- AKA -- Road Warrior. Having survived these city streets all these years the moniker is apropriate. I've been on an hiatus for some years and when I re-entered the riding scene things changed! I bought a MTB Raliegh M80 in 97' and in 98' a Raliegh M7000. I've since upgraded both to make them more comfortable for my husband and myself. My real true passion is Road Racing. At the close of December 2001 I bought the C'dale R2000 Saecco Team Replica, Caad4, all Ultegra, with inexpensive Shimano clipless pedals, til I adjust. I paid $1500. It was difficult trying to find a Road bike under $2000 -- that would fit and was race worthy. I have a short inseam approx.27" but a long torso for a female, kind of backward porportioned.I was lucky the 49" cm fit! Unfotunately, several factors stopped me from riding and putting the rig through it's paces, just got over the flu, erratic weather(NYC), work hours, I work 3x1130pm., so it's dark,cold and late! Before work I don't have a that much time and I don't want to burn myself out as I am a Correction Officer and I always want to be sharp, not tired. Once I ease back into the training mode pre-work and after work rides won't faze me. I think I've found a great spot for all my cross references, questions,etc.,and I hope to acquire new friends along the way! Thanks for having me aboard! Jeannie AKA Road Warrior