Old 06-23-07, 06:29 AM
cgilbert46135

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am brand new and need some major help. Please

A couple years ago I was training to try to run the mini 500 in Indianapolis, I wanted to get back into running to lose some weight as I had gained some weight in my ripe old age of 39. well 2 months before the mini i had realized I wasnt going to be able to run the mini but I felt I had accomplished alot and was ok with just finishing it even If i needed to walk. well I was out for a morning run when I blew a calf muscle out. I missed the Mini and was heartbroken. I mended from the calf issue and ended up about 6 months later having Knee surgery.. well finally got through that to tear a hamstring...lol ( it was a bad year and a half) well I am back now but the problem is I have gained a tremendous amount of weight. I want to start back into getting back into shape but I have heard how good cycling is for you and I want to incorporate that with some running and lifting as well as a sensible diet. but I need to lose alot of weight, probably at least 65 to 70 lbs to reach my goal. I need some help, could someone please help me to get started? how should i start a cycling routine? what should i do and how far shoule I set my early rides to?

thanks

Chris