KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!

Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem installing fenders...

Would have posted this in bike repair/maintenance forum, but I thought probably a LOT of people here have put on trunk racks and fenders. Forgive me if I don't use proper terms for parts...I forget some of them.

I have a Trek 520 touring bike. It came with a trunk rack on it when I bought it. Yesterday I was putting on some SKS fenders (got it was a bear at times). I was making it though until I got to the final bolts of the back fender (front fender made it on ok).

When I try to bolt the V-braces to the eyelet down by center eyebolt, the trunk rack brace is in the way. I either have to go around/over the trunk rack brace or go under. When I go under, the trunk rack brace won't bolt back in now. If I go over, I would have to bend the V-brace back down.

I did try to bolt into the eyelet from the inner side outward, but then the bolt hampered the cassette. So it looks like it has to go on outside.

Before I go bending the V-brace, I wanted to make sure there wasn't another option or scenario I hadn't thought of, especially from some of you that have probably ran into this before.