View Single Post
Old 06-25-07, 02:18 PM
BenyBen
winter is comming

Bikes: Mikado kensington 2003, "commuterized" 8yr old Mongoose hilltopper SX, Baycrest Hurricane 10 speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Steelwool north star - Sizing questions

So I went to test ride a steelwool northstar this weekend and I LOVED the ride. The only problem I found with it was that when I had my hands on the drop bars, I found it really awkward to reach for the shifters and brakes (had to force my fingers up from where they naturally wanted to rest).

About 10 minutes into the ride my wrists also felt a bit of pressure whenever I braked, which may get painful after a long ride. When I mentioned this to the lad at the bike shop, he said that it's normal, and that the normal riding position for comfort should be on top of the drop bars... Was he BS'ing me? I've seen countless people riding road bikes while using the drop bars...

I think the frame was a 54cm, and that perhaps I should be riding a 52. Would that change anything?

I have also done a test ride of the Rocky mountain sherpa 30, which was JUST the right size it seems, and riding on the drop bars felt natural. The reason I'm trying to go for the steelwool is that it is significantly less expensive, and will look less appealing to thieves....

Any comments?

Edit: Is there any way to change a message title

Last edited by BenyBen; 06-25-07 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Wrong title