Old 06-25-07, 11:16 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, my knee is completely pain free tonight, and didn't hurt on my little recovery ride today, and didn't flare up afterwards whatsoever.

I don't think yesterday was a fluke, but I do think perhaps I've been pushing myself just a little too hard. Since I had so few miles in February and March, and even April, and since the new bike has been so much fun, I've done quite a few more miles than in the recent past.

And, I think I've been consciously trying to increase my speed AND my distance, but again, perhaps too quickly. I've been ignoring the 10% increase rule.

Several have asked me where the pain is, etc. If I place my left hand on the kneecap so that the palm of my hand is on the kneecap, and my fingers are slightly spread, then the pain is located just under my first finger. Sort of below the kneecap, and slightly toward the inside of the leg. It's kind of the same feeling one gets when one twists a joint inappropriately.

I also get a little right knee pain every once in a while, btw. This has never been too severe and has never impaired my riding or walking or sleeping.

So either I pushed a little too hard, mashed a little too much, hammered too long, or have sloppy pedal technique. I'm going to do some strengthening exercises, AND back off a little. I realize I was trying to catch up with my annual mileage goal, as though it was carved in stone.

Thanks for all the input.

Proud member of the original Club Tombay