Old 06-26-07, 06:36 PM
larryfeltonj

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse, Peugeot Iseran, Raleigh Twenty

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by velocity
I have been commuting for some time and mostly I wear a kit with my road bike to get to work. When I ride most people are kind and give clearance but I get almost every time a person that feels they need to pass no matter how fast I am going ( past the speed limit) But I noticed something the other day when I rode my Mt Bike with my shams underneath my khaki shorts with my bomber helmet and tee. Even though I ride the bike the same way everyone gave me room some gave me weird looks as they went past at lights but I have come to a conclusion after 4 times out with this set up. People see us in our full kits as competition and when you look like a Fred you like your not well adjusted to your surroundings and a easy accident. Therefor they give you room. Any takes on this?
I've not really noticed this. In general motorists treat me pretty well, and wearing my geeky bright yellow and black outfit or street clothing hasn't made any difference. That's just my experience in Atlanta though. The driving culture in other cities may be considerably different.