Sheldon Brown
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: See: http://sheldonbrown.org/bicycles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pocky
P.S.: I especially appreciate your advice, Sheldon. (It's Dan/pocky from MIT, the Scaphio to your Paramount in "Utopia, Ltd." Professional opera singer now, and so's the fiance: she and I met while working together at an opera company in North Carolina!)
Hope all is going better with your health. Good wishes! -Dan
Nice to hear from you, and glad that M.I.T. has prepared you well for your chosen career! ;-)

It was a great pleasure to share the stage with your Scaphio. Did you see MITGASP's recent Princess Ida? Rob Morrison was hilarious as one of the brothers! Even better than his Phantis.

Drop me an email (captbike@sheldonbrown.com) if you would like MP3s of that show...I made them from Opus's video. Unfortunately I was not in good voice that night, so you'll need to put up with my lousy intonation...

Tova is now a grad student at M.I.T. (mathematics) having graduated from U.C. Santa Cruz last year. It's SO nice to have her back near home (we're only a dozen miles from M.I.T.)

I can't appear on stage anymore, due to my illness, but I do go in to M.I.T. once a month for the group that gets together to sing sea chanteys, so my pipes still get some exercise. I'm also planning to take part in the upcoming Iolanthe sing-through...

Congratulations on the imminent nuptials!

All the best,

Sheldon
Code:
+------------------------------------------------+
|  Love at its best means marriage, and it is    |
|  altogether the most beautiful thing in life   |
|                    --  William Dean Howells    |
+------------------------------------------------+