View Single Post
Old 06-27-07, 02:36 PM
SandLizrd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad you liked it, Joe - there's been other questions about riding Grand Canyon, so I thought I'd spell it out real nice, be kind to an easterner or something. Usually I just say "North Rim is Great, South Rim is Crowded" but now they can find out in detail. Feel free to add your experience. In particular, the newspaper they give at the gates says "all paved roads open to bicycles" and "Hermit's Rest road open to bicycles, must stop & get out of the way of buses." However, I didn't go that way, I didn't want to brave the Village craziness. I wonder if that 16-mile out & back might be nice, even though it's at altitude and humans can't breathe there. (Allright, I'll give you Flagstaff riders credit and say "desert dwellers can't breathe there")

I am planning on taking on part of the route 66 ride this weekend. I'll be launching from Prescott and riding Chino Valley, but Ash Fork is 50 miles and I'd like more. It's unlikely I'll make it to Kingman - they've been right around 100 degrees so I'm likely to wimp out before I drop out of the hills. Seligman's still 5000 feet, Kingman's 3300 so I'll leave most of that ride for you!

Last edited by SandLizrd; 06-27-07 at 03:06 PM.