Old 06-28-07, 09:04 AM
dutret
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sp00ki
I'm not in my aero bars on my tt bike during a climb, but rather the bullhorns-- so breathing has 0 to do with it.

Not to start an argument with you, as we all know how unpleasant you can make that experience, but do you see something a little odd with the number of cyclists in this thread who seem to experience the SAME THING vs. the one individual who isn't agreeing?
Just sayin', maybe YOU should stop and think about it (or maybe find a hill to climb).
so the bullhorns on your tt bike are in the same relative position to the saddle as the bars on your conversion? I never thought you would be climbing on aerobars but most TT bikes still don't have geometry ideal for climbing.

Everyone in this thread is comparing climbing on a geared bike to climbing with a fixed gear. It is my opinion that there is a much bigger difference in the lack of gears then the freewheel. Even if that wasn't the case and there is some advantage to fixed it is easy to see that all this keeping momentum smooth pedal stroke thinking is bull****. It simply doesn't make sense since if you are using the pedals to pull you around you are sapping forward momentum and if you are pushing through the entire pedal stroke then there is no difference between fixed and free.