fishcube
Pedalcoupe owner!

Bikes: Pedalcoupe/Sun Tadpole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First good ride! 6/28

OMG! Is all I can say after my ride today on the pedalcoupe I love it... I can't believe the difference in riding compared to the Sun Tadpole. No comparison. I was only able to ride 15min on the Sun Tadpole at a time, and today on the pedalcoupe I was riding 1 1/2 hours and didn't want to stop. But, knew I needed to take it easy since I'm not used to riding and my legs will be sore tomorrow.

Husband and I plan to ride again at the State park on Saturday, we'll take turns on the pedalcoupe and a 2 wheel bike.

Pedaling was quite easy (love the 2 wheel drive), and all the gears make it so easy to use. I love the internal hub, works like a clutch on a car. Shift anytime and then pull pedals backwards and it goes into gear. Was told this works great on hills, you can keep pedaling in a harder gear and then shift and remain pedaling and then when you hit the hill, back pedal and your in a lighter gear. I was riding it most of the time in 2nd gear on both, and middle ring in front (which is manual moved). I used the brake steer some and I think this will really come in handy when moving at any kind of speed.

The turning is different from the Sun tadpole and is somewhat harder to turn, but I found out you don't have to move the handlebars much to get them to turn. So, after a little getting used to, I love the steering. I learned to barely hold the handlebars, except when going on grass/offroad etc. Then you have to grip harder etc. I tried it going faster and turning and it seems rock solid. Though I wasn't any kind of speed demon on it yet

As for offroading on grass, gravel, it works great. I'm so pleased about this, since I could barely move the Sun Tadpole on grass, the pedalcoupe is a breeze.

I can't wait for my next ride