Old 06-28-07, 12:55 PM
daniel240

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The tassajara comes with the Manitou Slate Super fork. At least I know the new ones do. Its probably pretty similar to the axel fork. I think the Slate fork is a brand new fork that just came out. The fork was my only concern when I bought my tass about a month and a half ago. I was like you, I read all the reviews about the forks but there where none out yet about the Slate fork. I finally made the decision to go ahead and get the tass. since the fork has a one year warranty and I figured by then I could buy a better fork. After I bought it I was very impressed with the fork and Ive been riding hard XC almost everyday since I bought the bike and I have had no problems with the fork. One of the problems I read about the old forks was that they gradually get stiff the more you ride. Mine has not become stiff at all, it still feels like it did the first day I bought it. I did not ride the Marlin or any of the other bikes you listed but I can tell you that you wont be dissatisfied with the tassajara.