View Single Post
Old 06-29-07, 03:28 PM
Rosie8

Bikes: Giant Simple 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yen, sorry to hear about the hand bothering you. I've been riding my Giant Suede WSD bike (16.5-17" frame) since May 5th, usually every other day. My seat only bothered me when I wore the wrong kind of pants. I've learned to lift my rear up off the saddle as I ride to keep from being sore.

My big problem was hand feeling tingly and swelling. I tried different gloves first. I ended up wearing contracter gloves (suede palms, foam padding) rather than the biking gloves because the biking gloves aggravated my problem (too tight at wrist & seams on the palm). The LBS guy also raised my handle bars back to the 40 degree setting. It seems very upright yet I can ride 8 miles without problems. The upright position keeps me from going fast but I'm riding for exercise not speed. I can do my hilly 8 miles in 45-50 min. unless the wind is above 15 mph.

The LBS man told me to constantly move my hands, rest them lightly on the grips, relax my shoulders, and come back for bar ends if I couldn't get relief. No problems with the hands now.

Saw this thread you might like to look at:
http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=16813

Last edited by Rosie8; 06-29-07 at 04:00 PM.