View Single Post
Old 07-02-07, 03:38 AM
willtsmith_nwi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete Fagerlin
What kind of half-assed question is that?
One with a question mark at the end of it? I cannot help it if you internalize a simple question as an attack.

You're making a big deal out of something that is no big deal apparently in some vain attempt at proving some point that appears to only matter to you.
Despite Shimano trying to push it down our throats, RapidRise has been a flop in the marketplace. I take that as good evidence that it appears to matter to more then just me.

It's just shifting gears ona bike after all.

p.s. You still haven't described this alleged "problem," depsite being asked about it a number of times.
Yes, I've described the problem more then once by now. If you haven't picked up on it then you need to work on your reading comprehension. Either that, or I am to assume that you've NEVER really learned how to use any shifting system without have to think about how to use it. Perhaps you go down the side walk humming "left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot", "kick, heel, toe, kick, heel, toe" in your head and this is quite natural to you. This is not efficient walking, having to recall which bike you're riding that day in order to avoid upshifting 3 gears on a steep climb is NOT efficient shifting.

Originally Posted by MaxBrokeAway
do all of the posts on this forum end in a battle? or is it just mine...
Battles often occur because some people misinterpret advice given to the poster as a personal attack because the advice differs then their gear setup/riding technique/etc... The situation is exacerbated when parties fail to recognize alternative perspectives and lash out in a quest of self validation.

I want the OP to avoid the problem of having his shifting be backwards of what everyone else has. Misshifting at critical times can lead to crashes. Gastro and Pete are trying to validate their own setups when they've never been attacked. I don't think they give a rip about the original poster.