View Single Post
Old 05-19-04, 10:11 AM
Vitamin X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jarhead#42
When you lift wieghts, normally, you must rest the muscle group for a day or two . Ive rode close to 1000 miles . Ive noticed my performance declining. When is it wise to rest the legs . What are the signs of over training ? Anyone over 40 thinking about using bio idenitcal horemone replacement ? What about injectable R Growth horemone for those over 40 ?
jarhead#42
It is said you should take at least 48 hours recovery between weight sessions, I take 72 hours (3 days) and feel stronger from it. Almost all of my weight sessions revolve around strengthing the Posterior Chain (Hamstrings, Glutes, Hips, Legs & Lower back)<<< The muscles every cyclist should be hitting in the gym with the correct exercises<<<That is important. Leg Curls/Leg Extensions just don't cut it and are very, very overrated.

Signs of Overtraining...

1. Inability to complete workouts done previously
2. Elevated resting heart rate by 10% or more
3. Inability to perform at previous levels
4. Disrupted sleeping pattern
5. Feeling achy or general fatigue
6. Mood swings
7. Lack of enthusiasm for new challenges

I pretty much love the gym and working out. Its hard for some people to get up and get going for there weight sessions, but when your being paid well to do it, it becomes a little easier. .
1. Inability to complete workouts done previously<<< This is the No.1 sign of overtraining I go by, If I'm not feeling as strong as my last workout and my CNS hasn't recovered, I just say that is it and come back the next day when my CNS has recovered which = A better workout. If your feeling weaker than your last weight session, leave it, get a good night sleep and come back the next day...

Anyone over 40 thinking about using bio idenitcal horemone replacement ? What about injectable R Growth horemone for those over 40 ?
What the F**k is that $hit man... Leave that crap and follow a clean diet...