View Single Post
Old 07-02-07, 04:59 PM
Raiyn
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
I have heard from some people that some evil minded people would slip drugs into the drink for kicks. This is more concerning to the female population if someone wants to drug you then pick you off on the bike via said method when I think about it now.
I don't buy it.
  1. Why would someone waste expensive drugs on a random stranger? This ain't the Tour de France, and you're not going to defeat someone's favorite rider up the Tourmalet.
  2. There's no guarantee that you're ACTUALLY GOING TO DRINK the water.
  3. There's no telling how when the drugs will take effect if you do drink the drugged water
  4. You have a bicycle. That significantly increases the range you can travel, drugged or not.
  5. The random nut is NOT going to be able to follow you without making it obvious

The fact of the matter is this. The odds of a drugged bottle are slim. You have a higher risk of some homeless guy using it as a porta-potty and even there the risk is minimal.

A predator will pick a more aggressive approach that will ensure results not some hit or miss garbage. This isn't a nightclub where some skeezeball can slip a ruffie in your drink. That's a controlled environment, where the predator can study his target for a period of time, because it's obvious that you intend to be there for a while. On the flip side the bike means you could go anywhere, including into traffic.

I'm not saying you should leave the bottle, but the paranoia's a bit much.