Old 07-02-07, 10:16 PM
ddmann

Bikes: 2007 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Second Ride and I Starting Making the Adjusments

As some of you know my shopping trip to buy a cycloputer for the TT portion of Jumbo's Challenge turned into a full fledged credit card whacking. Last night when I got home it was too dark to go for a ride but I was able to be home by 8:00 tonight so I headed out. I strapped my trusty bag with my multi-tool inside of it and headed out. It took about 5 attempts to get the seat height correct, another 3 or 4 to get the seat position correct. It seemed pretty close at that point so I rode for a good fifteen minutes before I made my next adjustment. This is the first bike I have ever owned with drops and it is hard for me to make the change. I constantly screw up the shifting although I think I finally have that beat into my head, (mind you I own a rather thick skull). I was trying to ride on "the horns" as the guy at the LBS told me to do. My wrists were killing me and I was thinking I gonna have to walk this bike home when it dawned on me I could adjust them myself!! (I did mention the thick skull right?). Anyway I pulled over and rotated them up about an inch and a half .......voila soooo much more comfortable.

According to my el cheapo puter I rode 7.4 miles tonight at an average speed of 8 mph, I guess all that stopping for adjustments took a toll on the average. My legs are tired but I seem to run out of breath long before my legs burn too badly. And I am going back to that neighborhood again. I have never seen so many good looking joggers and walkers, (as Dr. Phil says "it is a target rich environment"). oo La La

I was so busy stopping to adjust everything that I completely forgot to do a TT. Sorry Jumbo I will just have to wait a month on the TT time, but I assume you recorded me weight.

BTW anyone have any advice on adapting from flat bar riding to drop bar riding?
As some of you know my shopping trip to buy a cycloputer for the TT portion of Jumbo's Challenge turned into a full fledged credit card whacking. Last night when I got home it was too dark to go for a ride but I was able to be home by 8:00 tonight so I headed out. I strapped my trusty bag with my multi-tool inside of it and headed out. It took about 5 attempts to get the seat height correct, another 3 or 4 to get the seat position correct. It seemed pretty close at that point so I rode for a good fifteen minutes before I made my next adjustment. This is the first bike I have ever owned with drops and it is hard for me to make the change. I constantly screw up the shifting although I think I finally have that beat into my head, (mind you I own a rather thick skull). I was trying to ride on "the horns" as the guy at the LBS told me to do. My wrists were killing me and I was thinking I gonna have to walk this bike home when it dawned on me I could adjust them myself!! (I did mention the thick skull right?). Anyway I pulled over and rotated them up about an inch and a half .......voila soooo much more comfortable.

According to my el cheapo puter I rode 7.4 miles tonight at an average speed of 8 mph, I guess all that stopping for adjustments took a toll on the average. My legs are tired but I seem to run out of breath long before my legs burn too badly. And I am going back to that neighborhood again. I have never seen so many good looking joggers and walkers, (as Dr. Phil says "it is a target rich environment"). oo La La

I was so busy stopping to adjust everything that I completely forgot to do a TT. Sorry Jumbo I will just have to wait a month on the TT time, but I assume you recorded me weight.

BTW anyone have any advice on adapting from flat bar riding to drop bar riding?